Hobbs, New Mexico 88240
As a responsible corporate citizen, Hobbs Iron and Metal is committed to minimizing our impact on the environment and protecting our precious natural resources.
Recycling turns materials which would otherwise become waste products into valuable resources, which generate a host of financial, environmental, and social returns.
The Benefits of Recycling include:
- Expanding US manufacturing jobs, which increase US competitiveness.
- Reduction of the need for landfills and incineration.
- Prevention of the pollution caused by the manufacturing of products from virgin materials.
- Recycling saves energy.
- Decreased greenhouse gases that contribute to global climate change.
- Conserve natural resources, including timber, water, and minerals.
- Recycling maintains the environment for future generations.
- Annually, over 70 million tons of scrap are recycled.
- Two out of every three pounds of U.S. Steel is manufactured using ferrous scrap.
- Recycling one ton of steel conserves 2,500 pounds of iron ore, 21,400 pounds of coal and 120 pounds of limestone.
- Recycling one ton of aluminum conserves more than five metric tons of bauxite ore and 14 megawatt hours of electricity.
What does that mean?
- Manufacturing products from recyclable materials uses significantly less energy. This results in reducing millions of tons of greenhouse-gas emissions and avoiding landfill use.
- Recycling provides a substantial reduction in environmental impacts from mining.
- Cleaner streams and river's thanks to reduced pollutants being discharged from both ferrous and nonferrous manufacturing mills.
STEPS TO RECYCLING
Recycling requires a three-step process to be successful.
- Collection and Processing
Bringing items to Hobbs Iron and Metal for recycling is the first step. Whether household items, commercial waste, or oil filed items, we can quickly and easily turn your recycled products into cash.
- Selling and Re-manufacturing
Recyclables are sorted and prepared into marketable commodities for manufacturing. Recyclables are bought and sold just like other commodities, and prices for the materials change and fluctuate with the market. Once sold they go to mills and other industrial facilities to be re-manufactured into new products.
- Purchasing Recycled Products
Purchasing products completes manufacturers
RECYCLING AMERICA'S METAL RESOURCES
At Hobbs Iron and Metal, recycling is company slogan; shred, torch, or it meeting rigorous environmental standards.
We then put the scrap back on the market, selling products through brokers or selling directly to consumers, smelters, mills and mini-mills—and the process starts all over again.
- 86% decrease in air pollution
- 40% less water used
- 76% less water pollution
- 97% less mining waste, and
- 105% waste.
Recycling results in reduced costs, requires less and there is no noticeable the products after that. Without recycling, waste would be found in our landfills and would not offer to care for our Earth